A small vineyard, “Poggino” gives us wines every year capable of arousing emotions with an extraordinary aging ability.

 

VINEYARD AND VITICULTURE

  • Location: in the westernmost part of the Chianti Classico production area
  • Altitude: 300 m. s.l.m.
  • Exposure: South – South West.
  • Soil: soils that evolve from the geological formation of the undifferentiated complex, rich in stones and with low fertility.
  • Training system: VSP with spur cordon pruning.
  • Plant density: 4115 plants / hectare and, 5495 plants / hectare in the youngest vineyard.
  • Harvesting: manual in 20 kg boxes.

VINIFICATION AND AGEING

  • Alcoholic fermentation temperature: between 28 ° and 32 °.
  • Maceration: ten days.
  • Ageing: 30% of the wine is aged for 6 months in French oak barriques, the remaining 70% in steel tanks and vitrified cement.
  • Ageing time in bottle: six months.

TASTING NOTES

  • Color: ruby ​​red with dark shades and a natural evolution towards garnet.
  • Bouquet: Characteristic with notes of ripe red fruits.
  • Taste: characteristic, harmonious, persistent.

 

 

Download product sheet

 

Download technical sheet

 

 


Share

Contacts


OPERATIONAL HEADQUARTERS

Località Le Fonti,San Giorgio
53036 Poggibonsi (SI), Italy
www.lefontipoggibonsi.it
info@lefontipoggibonsi.it

REGISTERED OFFICE

Via Roma, 2
24020 Fiorano al Serio (BG)
C.F.: 810000020164
P.IVA: 00748490166

WINE SHOP & WINE TASTINGS

(+39) 0577 935690
visit@lefontipoggibonsi.it

HOSPITALITY

(+39) 0577 935690
(+39) 342 5958089
stay@lefontipoggibonsi.it

SOCIAL

Privacy Preference Center